1. Electronically send and receive patient information quickly and securely
2. Allows your organization to attest for "Meaningful Use"
- Rely less on paper records sent via fax or delivered by mail or courier
- Decrease the amount of time it takes to send or receive information from other providers
- Eligible Professionals and eligible Hospitals participating in incentive payment programs can use WVDirect to meet many requirements under Meaningful Use.
- The West Virginia Bureau for Public Health, Office of Epidemiology and Prevention Services receives WVDirect transmissions for required public health reporting on the following:
- Syndromic Surveillance
- Electronic Lab Results
- Immunization Registry
To find out more about public health reporting, click here to visit the OEPS website